Monday, October 13, 2014

Edinburgh, Scotland

Spending my Saturday in Edinburgh last week. I've joined a society called S.M.I.L.E where we'll be assigned a mentor to ask about everything in Newcastle. The group has arranged a trip to Edinburgh on 11 October 2014 and its free so of course i've singed up for it. Both my friends and me did not do much research ahead, so we end up just walking around the city and explore those beautiful alleys. Might sounds like a waste, but once in a while its just nice to explore the city without any plans. 

Meet my course mate plus travel mate. Minna from Taiwan. For some reason we always end up travelling to a city or town together. 
Edinburgh. The capital city of Scotland. It was so much different than Newcastle. Much prettier and retro. I like the fact that they have a lot of beautiful alley, and some unique boutique or small shops that sells their own hand made stuff. 
Immediately thought of the movie "Enchanted"! 
 Place we had our lunch. One of the biggest reason we chosen this shop was all food were on 25% discount for student. So how can we said no. 
 National Museum of Scotland
Greyfriar's Bobby statue. 
The dog that spending the rest of his life sitting on his master's grave. 
Didn't know this statue has such a beautiful story behind it after i saw there's a number of postcard of it.
One of the street that both me and my friend fall for. 
 The cafe where J.K. Rowling wrote her book. Its kind a bad that we were too full to tried out their food but according to my friend who been, she said it was overrated. But anyhow, i sort of understand how she get inspired in this city.
 One of my dream to visit in these old bookshop. I did not get anything but it was worth visit.  My little dream came true. 
All the whisky shop pictures are specially dedicated to my ex-collegue, current friend Mr Webber. Cause he leave a comment in my insta saying that Scotland had the best Whisky. But too bad Whisky was never my forte. 
 Another shop we're quite tempting to try it out but we're still so full for it. Save it for next time Oink.
Can you spot some similarity in the pictures?
 A small market in the town. The last time we been to Alnwick, they're having a market there too. I guess during the weekend, most of the town will have some small market like this. It was fun too look around many things that you can't get in those retail shops.

 Some special accessories shops. I wish they could have more of this in Newcastle. 

A little disclaimer:

I've never post an album in my FB since forever. Reason is that was too much exposure and i would like to keep a little more privacy. You might said, duh.. you write blog. Nevertheless, i perceived those people who willing to read or even click into my blog are mostly my friends or someone who wish to know me better. So thats alright. 

I do understand sometimes my blog was too long and most of my family members like my aunt and all couldn't really understand English well. So i decided to post these pictures in FB to let them have a look on the places i've been. 

However, this action showed the thought i've always had is right. Posting in FB is letting too much people to see and they'll perceive you in a different way. For instances,  people who abroad in UK focus more on travelling instead of study. But thats not the truth at all. 

I might be a little sensitive but anyhow i prefer still prefer to share photos and thoughts in this blog regardless if anyone one out there is reading it. 

There was a dilemma on the every beginning but now I've decided. 

So for those of you who want to know where i've been in UK, please stay tuned for more.
I love Edinburgh, a lovely city! Most probably gonna visit the city again. 
So until next time! 

No comments: